Monday, December 14, 2009

FIRST TRAINING RUN


I woke up Saturday excited to meet my new group
and when I set foot out the door I wanted to snuggle
back under the covers becuase it was so cold outside
but I bundled up and out the door I went. The wind
was horrible but I have ran in all kinds of weather
so I knew what to expect.


I arrived early so I could help get things set up for the
kick off to training. I found a spot to stand with my sign
and waited for my group to show up.


I met the ones in my group that showed up and we
waited around til time to get started. I discussed
with my group on the 1/1 method I would be doing.
everyone agreed they would love to try this method so I
was excited that I would be having company with me on this.


We headed out on our 3 mile walk/run which by my garmin
we actually did 3.6 miles way to go guys! We did average
on our first outing about 16 minute miles. I wanted to take
it slow so everyone could keep up which they did awesome
at doing. I have walkers that will be learning to run so I
want to be sure to be there for them to help them in anyway
I can. I did try and answer any questions they had along the way
but didn't want to overload them right away with alot of info.

I plan on sending out weekly emails with little tidbits of info
that will help them especially for our longer runs they will
need to know about proper nutrition and hydration.
Kathy will also be doing her awesome emails with advise so
be looking for that as well.

I will be getting my new camera this week so I will be taking
pictures of our group so be watching for me. I also
plan on taking pics of my group when they are running
and making big strides along the way. I also plan
on documenting on this blog on their accomplishments
during this journey.

I look forward to seeing them again and getting more aquainted
with them. I hope you keep coming back and not get discouraged
at first because everyone has that feeling at first and if you keep
pushing forward that will pass and be filled with elation of your
accomplishment and then you will be hooked like me.

This Saturday (Dec. 19th) we will be doing 4 miles so get plenty
of rest and hydrate well. We will be running what we call the Zink
lake loop which I love doing. We will run on the east and west side
of the river parks path. There will be water fountains along the way
but as we get longer mileage you may want to think about carrying
water with you because you never know how the water situation
will be and it is important to keep drinking even though it is
cold out you still need water.

No comments:

Post a Comment